1 stick butter
1 cup self rising flour (or 1 cup flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, and a pinch of salt)
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
A pinch of cinnamon
1 cup blackberries
1 cup peaches, cut into smaller chunks to match the size of your berries)
1 1/4 cups sugar
*Feel free to substitute 2 cups or a bit more of your favorite summer fruit. I am going to try this next with blueberries and nectarines!
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Melt stick of butter in 2 quart oven safe dish.
- Mix milk, flour, vanilla extract, cinnamon and sugar. (It will be a runny batter)
- Pour batter into melted butter. Do not stir.
- Drop fruit on top of batter. Do not stir.
- Sprinkle with a bit of sugar.
- Bake for 45 minutes until golden. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
It was a huge hit. There is just a tiny square left for my Dad to enjoy tomorrow with coffee. I may have had seconds. Then I may have scraped the side of the dish. What? Don't judge. Once you make it you will understand.